Tuesday 7 October 2014

A Totally Fetch Weekend!

October 7, 2014

Since Mean Girls Day was October 3, I thought I would throw in a little Mean Girls humor in my title for y'all to enjoy. :)

I’m back to my regular blogging. Last week was just a theatre review that I had to write as an assignment for one of my classes at the Globe, but I decided to go ahead and use it as a blog post.

So I’ve been in London for about a month now. It’s still so surreal. It’s going by so quickly, but it’s also going by slowly. I will admit there are times when I feel homesick and want to take the next flight home, but then I get to do fun things and I feel happier all over again. I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again… Thank God for FaceTime and Skype, and all the technology that has been invented in the twenty-first century.

This past weekend, about half of our class took trips to either Paris or Dublin, but I was one of the few that stayed behind in London. It was a lovely laid back weekend, I must say. All I did was spend time with Alisa and Tess, and we created a “lounge” in Alisa's and my room. Literally, we watched movies all night long. Oh, and ate. It was heavenly, and a wonderful weekend.

It was lovely until Sunday and Monday when we remembered a 2000-word (maximum) essay that was due Tuesday for Theatre History, but we were good college students and pushed through the papers.

Today was a slightly longer day than usual. Prior, our Tuesday Globe courses lasted only until 6:15. Tonight, it lasted until 9:00, which I was completely fine with because we’re getting down to the final days of classes at the Globe. [Insert sad face here] I really enjoy taking courses at the Globe because I’m learning so many new techniques that will help grow as a performer, and it’s also great knowledge to have as someone who wants to make a career in Theatre. Our acting teacher, Yolanda, is amazing. Oh my God – she’s amazing, and incredibly sweet. Don’t get wrong, I love the theatre faculty at Millikin, but all the teachers at The Globe have been outstanding, and exceed my expectations by so much.


Honestly, this blog post is just a little rambling because I haven’t blogged for this week’s Blogging London course. Next Thursday starts Fall Break, and I will be relaxing in London by myself for what I like to call, “Me Time”. I love spending time with people, but I can be a real introvert a lot of the time too. Keep checking back next week because Fall Break, I will have more time to blog, and hopefully I will be doing some fun things in London (even if it is by myself).

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I hear you about the Facetime and Skype. I don’t use Facetime, but Skype and Facebook have been my saving grace. I’m so glad I get to talk to my best friend and my mom through Facebook messenger since I don’t have a phone plan here. It still sucks because I have to find wifi (and since we’re roomies, you understand how difficult that is…) but when I have it, it feels like I can communicate with people whenever. And I’m so happy for Skype because I get to see my whole family, even my puppy Tobi, AND my wonderful, incredible, embarrassing boyfriend. Who you have to sit and listen to when we have Skype dates late at night. Sorry not sorry.

    That paper, man! I don’t know how we got through it. But then again, we’ve done Tom papers before, like, the night before (sometimes the morning of…), so I knew we could do it, but sitting around and not writing is that one day was rough. Being a procrastinator, I had a feeling I couldn’t get it done early anyway. But when I did finally start writing, it came so much easier because of the planning and mapping we did the previous day. Which I don’t normally do. Yay for papers!

    Omg Yolli! I love Yolanda. She has been incredible. I feel like I’m with a British Denise, but not at the same time. I love how open and fun she is. I love the way she makes the room feel like there’s no pressure or judgment. As long as we all work hard and have fun, it’s okay. I’m having a blast working through The Comedy of Errors with her, I feel like she’s really helping me develop as an actor. Shakespeare is a style I don’t have much experience with at all, so I’m ecstatic that I get to immerse myself in this world at the place Shakespeare himself worked. I can’t wait to perform on the Globe stage at the end of the month!!!

    ReplyDelete