Wednesday 15 October 2014

London Rain - A Poem

London Rain - A Poem by Eleanor Vestal 

I love the sound of pouring rain.
Rainy days seem to keep me sane.
Gloomy days are one of the best.
Perfect for lying down for a rest.

London rain is simply my favorite.
It’s a sound and smell I will never forget.

I’m getting used to this London life.
Converting sucks, but I guess it’s all right.
Learning new things that are all adult-like.
Finding my true self – every day, every night.

London rain keeps my peaceful mind.
It’s a soothing mood almost all the time.

I do miss my family, my friends, and back home.
But I am excited to see Dublin, Athens, and Rome.
Being a tourist sometimes is perfectly fine.
This poem is becoming hard to find rhyme.

London rain is the most wonderful sound.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely poem, Eleanor! I’ve heard of a lot of people really enjoying the rain this way. It’s interesting because I feel differently about rain. My main thing with it is it keeps me awake at night, unfortunately. If it starts raining at night, I think, “Well, guess I’m not getting any sleep tonight…” I’m not sure what it is exactly. Maybe it’s because I’m a very sensitive sleeper (I become hyperaware of sound, it needs to be completely silent, dark, and cool). At the same time, I really love a warm rain. Being outside with a light drizzle in warm water is so relaxing, almost like a shower. My experience with rain might change a bit being in London, though, since it’s probably going to be raining quite a bit. Fingers crossed!
    You mentioned Dublin, Athens and Rome, and I am SO excited!!! We’re going to have a blast in those wonderful cities. And as much as you love rain, I hope it doesn’t rain while we’re in those incredible and historic cities lol. We’re going to be such tourists, I can tell, but from your poem, you seem to be ok with that, so we will just be exactly what we are.
    Overall, I love that you put your thoughts into a poem! It’s super creative and is a great outlet for experiences, thoughts and moods. I’ve wanted to write a poem, but I haven’t had a chance to yet. Maybe this will inspire me to get on that!

    ReplyDelete